Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Screen flickers on MacBook while using CLion

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with my MacBook Air M1 where the screen flickers when I use C lion to play, compile, or create a build. I have tried adjusting the display settings, updating my MacBook and C lion, and restarting my MacBook, but the issue persists.

The flickering only seems to occur when using C lion for these specific actions. I have not experienced this issue when using other programming tools or applications on my MacBook.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how to resolve it? I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 14, 2023 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2023 1:39 PM

I am pleased to inform you that I have found a solution to the screen flickering issue!

After trying various troubleshooting steps, I discovered that the flickering was related to a duplicate color profile mode labeled "Color LCD" in the display settings. By deleting one of the duplicate color profile modes, the screen flickering problem was completely resolved.

solution:

1. Go to the Apple menu and select "System Preferences."
  2. Click on "Displays" in the System Preferences window.
  3. Go to the "Color profile" and open the pop-up list.
  4. If you notice two identical color profile modes labeled "Color LCD" scroll down to customize.
  5. Deleting one of them by selecting it and clicking the "-" button below the list.
  6. Klick Done and Set "Color LCD"

Please note that this solution may not work for everyone, but it worked for me, and I hope it can help others as well.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2023 1:39 PM in response to jonathan_Po

I am pleased to inform you that I have found a solution to the screen flickering issue!

After trying various troubleshooting steps, I discovered that the flickering was related to a duplicate color profile mode labeled "Color LCD" in the display settings. By deleting one of the duplicate color profile modes, the screen flickering problem was completely resolved.

solution:

1. Go to the Apple menu and select "System Preferences."
  2. Click on "Displays" in the System Preferences window.
  3. Go to the "Color profile" and open the pop-up list.
  4. If you notice two identical color profile modes labeled "Color LCD" scroll down to customize.
  5. Deleting one of them by selecting it and clicking the "-" button below the list.
  6. Klick Done and Set "Color LCD"

Please note that this solution may not work for everyone, but it worked for me, and I hope it can help others as well.

Screen flickers on MacBook while using CLion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.