iPhone 13 pro max White Screen Issue

Hey folks, My iphone 13 pro max got white screen display today and its only 14 months only device. When I chat with Apple CS team, they advised me to do some force restart and restore etc. I did all the procedures they mentioned but the problem still exists. then I search on google, i found that a lot of iPhone 13 pro and pro max users facing the same problem. If its a common problem, I request you to replace my display without any additional charge. Its 35K APPLE CS estimating me. Its too much for me and my device not got literally any scratch, damage etc, its still in mint condition. I dont know what to do. Apple please help me to replace my device display at free of cost.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 14, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 9:50 AM

This is a user-to-user site. We are all users......just like you. Apple is not here. No one from Apple will respond to your post.

I request you to replace my display without any additional charge

You will need to contact Apple directly regarding your request.

Support

11 replies

Aug 6, 2023 1:31 AM in response to ravi2022

Checking in on August 6, 2023 with the dreaded white display. If I could input my passcode after restart, I’d be able to connect to WiFi and use my iPad for phone calls. But I’m stuck to iMessage, and FaceTime video/audio calls unfortunately. I can repair electronics, but Apple’s price for a new display and renting necessary tools would make it hard to justify not buying a new phone. 🤕

Jul 24, 2023 3:35 AM in response to ajithbg1986

Complaint Regarding Unexpected White Screen Issue on iPhone 13 Pro   of Product Quality 

[Date]:24/07/23

Apple Inc.

Customer Relations Department

1 Apple Park Way

Cupertino, CA 95014

United States

Subject: Complaint Regarding Unexpected White Screen Issue on iPhone 13 Pro After Over a Year of Use

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and concern regarding a significant issue I am facing with my iPhone 13 Pro (Serial Number: [serial number]), which I purchased from an authorized Apple retailer on [date of purchase].

I have been a loyal customer of Apple for many years and have always admired the quality and reliability of your products. I was thrilled with the features and performance of my iPhone 13 Pro when I first acquired it, and it has served me well throughout the past year. However, recently, I have encountered a distressing problem with my device that has significantly impacted its usability.

Without any warning signs or indications of damage, my iPhone 13 Pro suddenly started experiencing frequent occurrences of a white screen. This issue manifests regardless of the applications I am using, and it appears to be unrelated to any specific actions on my part. The screen becomes completely white, obscuring all content, and renders the phone virtually unusable until the problem resolves on its own or after numerous restart attempts.

I want to emphasize that my iPhone 13 Pro has been meticulously cared for and has not suffered from any accidental drops, impacts, or exposure to water. The device remains in pristine condition, and I have always used a protective case to prevent potential damage. Therefore, it is evident that this white screen problem is not the result of any user-induced damage but rather a defect that has arisen despite careful and responsible use.

To address this issue, I have taken the following steps:

• Restarted the iPhone multiple times, hoping the problem would resolve itself, but it persists.
  • Checked for and installed all available software updates, but the issue remains unresolved.
  • Contacted Apple Support for assistance, and their troubleshooting suggestions did not lead to a resolution.

As this white screen issue significantly hampers my ability to use my iPhone 13 Pro for communication, work, and other essential tasks, I am deeply disappointed and frustrated. It is disheartening to encounter such a problem after investing in a premium device from Apple, known for its reliability and superior build quality.

In light of the circumstances described above, I kindly request the following actions be taken:

• An immediate and thorough inspection of my iPhone 13 Pro to identify the cause of the white screen problem.
  • A prompt repair or replacement of the device at no additional cost, as it is evident that this issue is a result of a manufacturing defect rather than user-induced damage.
  • Clear communication regarding the steps that will be taken to resolve this issue and the expected timeframe for resolution.

I trust that Apple will uphold its reputation for outstanding customer service and product quality by addressing this matter with utmost priority. I value the relationship I have had with Apple over the years and hope that my confidence in the brand will be restored through your swift and satisfactory response.

Thank you for your attention to this critical issue. I eagerly await a resolution and your communication regarding the next steps.

Sincerely,

[Edited by Moderator to remove PII]

May 30, 2023 10:27 PM in response to ajithbg1986

Same thing happened to me. Purchased my iPhone 13 Pro on Sept 2021 and unfortunately, Apple wont care at all if you don't have AppleCare coverage and will let you pay for the screen replacement which is very costly.

Tried reaching out to Apple but they have rejected my request to replace my screen display free of charge.

It seems that their 13 series have only 2 year life span. After updating your phone to the latest iOS version, that's it. Thank you and bye bye iPhone 13 Pro. So frustrating!!!

Jul 27, 2023 10:07 PM in response to ch3ll3290

iPhone 13 Pro Max has got display issues, I had to get my display changed at the service center because of the same issue. Luckily for me it happened within the warranty period and so replacement was free. This has been already reported by multiple users already, below is the link wherein a leading journal has posted the same as well.

https://www.timesnownews.com/technology-science/iphone-14-pro-iphone-13-users-report-display-issues-post-ios-16-update-article-95363968

Aug 8, 2023 4:55 AM in response to ravi2022

Got the display changed just a month ago and now I see screen burn in issues with the new display as well. This is surely a product quality issue. Going to reach out to Apple CS again to hear to what they have to say now.

It’s been real disappointing experience until now and never recommend Apple devices to anyone going forward. Now I’m thinking that I should have gone with Samsung S23 Ultra even though it’s Android

Oct 17, 2023 3:31 AM in response to ajithbg1986

same thing happened to me yesterday,when I was talking to my wife ,the screen went off and was white only ,but sound was not affected.last couple of days I was noticing a flash of light from screen during phone use.i have updated my iOS recently, when I contacted here in bahrain the authorized service agents they are asking around 180 bd(approx USD 700) for screen replacement.can anybody had any suggestions.thank you

Oct 27, 2023 9:49 AM in response to kunhimoossa

I got this white screen issue resolved from local service agent here,the imachines for free ,even the device was out of warranty.This happened with the help of apple support team,I specially appreciate the efforts by Ms Sarah senior team member of apple support,without her continued support and help this could not have been possible.Thank you apple 🌷🌷🌷

iPhone 13 pro max White Screen Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.