Unable to find iPhone

my wife i phone is lost. I am trying to find on find my iphone but it says location last updated 4 hours. Not sure why location hasnot updated in 4 hours ?? please help

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on May 14, 2023 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 6:33 PM

jaxdad0602 Said:

"Unable to find iPhone: my wife i phone is lost. I am trying to find on find my iphone but it says location last updated 4 hours. Not sure why location hasnot updated in 4 hours ?? please help"

-------

About iPhone and Find My:

If Find My was enabled with this, then note that the location shown is based off of the last time the iPhone was, itself, connected to the Internet.  The sis all based on an IP address. So, do you recognize this place shown?

Finding a Lost iPhone, without Find My:

I. Use these Links:

II. Do So the Olde Fashioned Ways:

A. Backtrack your Locations:

Do it the olde fashioned way and backtrack your locations. For instance, if you were at a retail store, then stop in, asking the store manger if it was placed aside.

B. Lost-&-Found:

Chick with the Lost & Found department of the facility you were in, seeing if it has been handed over.

C. Contact Local Authorities:

See if the community police, or local security guards at the front door, came across it.

D. Use Craigslist:

Put a post on Craigslist, seeing if they have been found.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2023 6:33 PM in response to jaxdad0602

jaxdad0602 Said:

"Unable to find iPhone: my wife i phone is lost. I am trying to find on find my iphone but it says location last updated 4 hours. Not sure why location hasnot updated in 4 hours ?? please help"

-------

About iPhone and Find My:

If Find My was enabled with this, then note that the location shown is based off of the last time the iPhone was, itself, connected to the Internet.  The sis all based on an IP address. So, do you recognize this place shown?

Finding a Lost iPhone, without Find My:

I. Use these Links:

II. Do So the Olde Fashioned Ways:

A. Backtrack your Locations:

Do it the olde fashioned way and backtrack your locations. For instance, if you were at a retail store, then stop in, asking the store manger if it was placed aside.

B. Lost-&-Found:

Chick with the Lost & Found department of the facility you were in, seeing if it has been handed over.

C. Contact Local Authorities:

See if the community police, or local security guards at the front door, came across it.

D. Use Craigslist:

Put a post on Craigslist, seeing if they have been found.

Unable to find iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.