“Lookup” option missing in contextual menu

Hello there!

I used to be able to select “Look Up” in contextual menu after selecting a specific words in any websites. By doing so I can look up the meaning of words with the help of my built-in dictionary in my iPhone12.

However, that “look up” option somehow went missing in my menu recently and I just failed to find in back after many attempts in different means.

Does anyone have any ideas about this issue? If so please let me know as this issue has been bugging me for a long time….thank you in advance!

iPhone 12

Posted on May 15, 2023 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 3:10 AM

Hello friend!

Thank you for your response! I just followed your instructions and now I could see “Look Up” if I select words on this page.

However I tried to test it on a page where I randomly googled a term but failed to see “look up” in the menu.

do you happen to know if this is normal? I tried on my Mac but I could see that option on the same page. Thanks in advance!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 3:10 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hello friend!

Thank you for your response! I just followed your instructions and now I could see “Look Up” if I select words on this page.

However I tried to test it on a page where I randomly googled a term but failed to see “look up” in the menu.

do you happen to know if this is normal? I tried on my Mac but I could see that option on the same page. Thanks in advance!

“Lookup” option missing in contextual menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.