MacBook Air keeps saying my password is wrong at login and I can’t get in, auto clicker is messing with keys.

My MacBook pro has locked my account. I left an auto clicker on overnight (I fell asleep) and I couldn't input the password the next day. It kept saying it was wrong (it could not recognize it as the auto clicker was still functioning which was messing up the keys) and eventually locking me out. What do I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on May 16, 2023 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2023 5:57 PM

PxmpkinP1e Said:

"MacBook Air keeps saying my password is wrong at login and I can’t get in, auto clicker is messing with keys.: [...]My MacBook pro has locked my account. I left an auto clicker on overnight (I fell asleep) and I couldn't input the password the next day."

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked Mac Account:

Reset this Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

Still No Success?...

Some Thoughts:

A. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes(i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB Ports/Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

Use An External Keyboard:

Reset these using an external keyboard, if your builtin one does not work, If have only USB-C ports, this would be that adapter to use: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2023 5:57 PM in response to PxmpkinP1e

PxmpkinP1e Said:

"MacBook Air keeps saying my password is wrong at login and I can’t get in, auto clicker is messing with keys.: [...]My MacBook pro has locked my account. I left an auto clicker on overnight (I fell asleep) and I couldn't input the password the next day."

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked Mac Account:

Reset this Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

Still No Success?...

Some Thoughts:

A. Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes(i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for USB Ports/Keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

Use An External Keyboard:

Reset these using an external keyboard, if your builtin one does not work, If have only USB-C ports, this would be that adapter to use: USB-C to USB A Adapter - Apple

MacBook Air keeps saying my password is wrong at login and I can’t get in, auto clicker is messing with keys.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.