Connecting Magic Mouse to Mac

My wife has a Mac Book Pro, purchased in late 2012. The mouse which I purchased for it expired some months back. I purchased a Magic Mouse and the information on it implied that it would connect via Bluetooth. I have charged it - its been on charge for several hours and it briefly showed as connected but this the disappeared and I got the "Searching" sign again.

Will this mouse actually connect to her Mac Book? If not I can return it. Is there a mouse which will connect to her Mac Book?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on May 17, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2023 11:10 AM

In theory, if a Mac is running, at least, OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) the Apple Magic Mouse should work with it. However only a certain 2012 MacBook Pro model is compatible. See the following link for the details:

... and just to be sure you didn't miss a step getting it set up, this article may prove helpful:

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2023 11:10 AM in response to JCraig99

In theory, if a Mac is running, at least, OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) the Apple Magic Mouse should work with it. However only a certain 2012 MacBook Pro model is compatible. See the following link for the details:

... and just to be sure you didn't miss a step getting it set up, this article may prove helpful:

Jun 28, 2023 8:44 AM in response to JCraig99

Connect magic mouse to Mac

The mouse has evolved into a necessary piece of equipment for many computer users in this digital age. Despite the seamless user experience that Macs provide, adding a mouse to your computer can increase accuracy and productivity. We’ll look at both wired and wireless mouse connections for your Mac in five distinct ways. We have options for you whether you prefer a conventional mouse or a more sophisticated one.

Compatibility with Different Devices

Because it works with so many different gadgets, the Magic Mouse offers ease and flexibility. You can use the Magic Mouse to improve your user experience whether you have a Mac, iPad, or Windows computer. Let’s examine the specifics of each device’s compatibility:

Mac Compatibility

The Magic Mouse from Apple is made to work well with Mac computers. You can easily pair your Magic Mouse with a MacBook, iMac, or Mac mini and take advantage of its sophisticated features.

iPad Compatibility

Did you know that you could connect your iPad and Magic Mouse? That is correct! Apple has released iPadOS, which supports mice. You can take your iPad’s productivity to a whole new level by following our simple pairing instructions.

Read More..

May 17, 2023 12:42 PM in response to Tesserax

Believe it or not - I connected via a Logitech mouse first by USB and the Bluetooth. I noticed the Magic Mouse there also and clicked on it and it connected. I rarely use Macs and thought it odd that it was doing everything backwards until I discovered that I had the Mouse wrong way around. Anyhow it is working and hopefully will give her good service when she needs to use Apple.

Many thanks for your help

JC

Connecting Magic Mouse to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.