No sound, or distorted sound on incoming calls on my iPhone connected to car

Just started. When I get incoming calls on my iPhone connected by bluetooth to my 2020 Honda I get no sound, and a notification on the car's screen that there is no sound. On the same incoming call, the people who called can't hear me either. Or sometimes very distorted to the point of uselessness. When I make outgoing calls, the sound is clear both ways.

My iPhone is a venerable iPhone 8 running iOS 16.4.1 (a). The problem just started today.

For comparison, my wife's iPhone 14 is also connected by bluetooth to the car. And it has clear communication both ways. So, he problem seems to be on my iPhone 8 rather than the car.

What can have caused this problem to show up now?

iPhone 8

Posted on May 17, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 7:15 AM

There have been no replies, so I scratched my head some more. I realized I have not rebooted my iPhone in some time. So, I tried that. And it seems to have fixed the problem.

I realize that many readers might say that's the first thing that should have been done. And you are right.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 7:15 AM in response to jimpal

There have been no replies, so I scratched my head some more. I realized I have not rebooted my iPhone in some time. So, I tried that. And it seems to have fixed the problem.

I realize that many readers might say that's the first thing that should have been done. And you are right.

No sound, or distorted sound on incoming calls on my iPhone connected to car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.