Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Dozens of unknow PC suddenly in my MacBook Pro network

**** and about ten others suddenly showed up on my wife's MBP.

When we blocked three actively connected and then a dozen more appeared.

She is taking classes from the German unemployment office in coding and was working in Java.

She downloaded Java packages from Jintel IDEA Junit4 Junit5 and something with 5.8.6

The first sign of odd behavior was her computer stops connecting to 5 ghz network and only the 2.4 network

We found someone in our guest network which is password protected (ALL of our networks are password protected.)

Anyone know how to check for the latest Russian hacks on Macs?

Any other ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 18, 2023 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2023 3:51 AM

Hi,

I think you are not hacked.

These are computers near you, on the same network or within WiFi radius. The pose no danger. It just means that these PCs and Mac are available to link to, but to do that both you and the owner of the other machine would have to explicitly set it up between you.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2023 3:51 AM in response to Mindzman

Hi,

I think you are not hacked.

These are computers near you, on the same network or within WiFi radius. The pose no danger. It just means that these PCs and Mac are available to link to, but to do that both you and the owner of the other machine would have to explicitly set it up between you.

May 19, 2023 12:18 AM in response to kaz-k

Yes, it turns out every person who came and logged into our guest network got listed and did not show up right away! The ones we blocked turned out to be one New-ish iPhone 12 showed as a PC-380476087345687346sort of number and the antique iphone 5 same and we and telekom our provider figured it out.

Oddly the iphone 6s and se had names!

That I am not considered a Major threat by Puti-&-The Gang is a Soul and Ego crushing blow to my Melgomaniac.

What was cool was on my iPhone 12 I opened a Safari page which would not load, then unblocked that Device (what a weird harsh word), and a few seconds later the webpage populated.

BTW, you can make a QR code for your guest network, so friends visiting can just point camera at the QR code and are instantly logged into your guest network (only iPhone, Andriod must type in password.)

Thanks for the reply.

Dozens of unknow PC suddenly in my MacBook Pro network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.