Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Network on My computer

Hello. Yesterday I was hacked somehow, where the hacker managed to get into all of my google accounts, facebook, etc and even after I changed my passwords they managed to get in (but were kicked out as I had set counter measures). Today Im looking through my computer because I suspect its a form of malware in the computer itself (since google was also telling me that), and I find a network (SMB) I had never made. Could this be the root cause of them being able to acquire my information so easily? Is there a way to get rid of such network I have no access to? I have completely restarted my computer (deleting Monterey, all of my drives, etc) but thats there.

Its important to mention that I had previously had bootcamp, where I think all of this originated from? Basically, im not sure on what they're doing, and im extremely desperate. Even if it isnt them who put the network, I want to get rid of it. Even if it means getting rid of my driver again, or doing whatever I need to do.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 6:30 AM

Getting your WiFI network password to be something a lot more secure.

Dictionary passwords are not safe. Take phrases, mix funny characters, numbers, upper and lower case letters and using WPA2 encryption will help. Make sure the public WiFi option on your modem is disabled.

You can select and eject other computers from your network, to dismount them.

Change your admin password.

Remove applications from login startup for your admin user.

Run Etrecheck, and we can help you isolate any other background applications which may be affecting you.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 6:30 AM in response to analupty

Getting your WiFI network password to be something a lot more secure.

Dictionary passwords are not safe. Take phrases, mix funny characters, numbers, upper and lower case letters and using WPA2 encryption will help. Make sure the public WiFi option on your modem is disabled.

You can select and eject other computers from your network, to dismount them.

Change your admin password.

Remove applications from login startup for your admin user.

Run Etrecheck, and we can help you isolate any other background applications which may be affecting you.

Random Network on My computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.