Apple TV 4K stopped working on 4k content and audio on remote after update 16.5

My Apple TV 4K after update to the the TVos 16.5 the ability to control de audio from the apple tv remote of the sound system stopped working, now i only can control the sound with the remote of the system, the light on the apple tv still works but no capacity to control the audio. The other issue, is that the options of 4k resolutions with Dolby Vision or even with HDR were gone, even the check HDMI Connection is gone. Before the update i could control the audio with the Apple TV Remote, and the TV displayed the content according to the content selected, my tv support both of the standards and the cable is capable of speeds of 8k, these kind of issues were not a problem in the TVos 16.4 but on the TVos 16.5 but now they are, because i am limited by the update, can someone help me?

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on May 19, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2023 5:44 AM

For the DV-HDR video options, as well as Check HDMI:

Try resetting the HDMI connection, by disconnecting the plugs on both ends, then reconnect. A cold restart of all HDMI devices would have the same effect.

6 replies

Apple TV 4K stopped working on 4k content and audio on remote after update 16.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.