How to create icloud email address on mac

I’m trying to set up mail for a friend. They have an Apple id which is not an Apple address. When I try to set up mail. I go through the select a name process and then it just bounces back to me asking the same question. I get no error message, just a loop.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 19, 2023 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 2:00 PM

Hi jeff.grant,

We recommend reviewing the following: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

This article covers details about Apple ID email addresses. Please note the following.

Apple ID email address
When you create an Apple ID, you enter an email address. This email address is your Apple ID and the username that you use to sign in to Apple services like Apple Music and iCloud. It's also the contact email address for your account. Be sure to check your inbox regularly. We'll send you email notifications to help you manage your account.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 2:00 PM in response to jeff.grant

Hi jeff.grant,

We recommend reviewing the following: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

This article covers details about Apple ID email addresses. Please note the following.

Apple ID email address
When you create an Apple ID, you enter an email address. This email address is your Apple ID and the username that you use to sign in to Apple services like Apple Music and iCloud. It's also the contact email address for your account. Be sure to check your inbox regularly. We'll send you email notifications to help you manage your account.

Best regards.

How to create icloud email address on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.