Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How many times do I have to trust my iphone to upload photos?

Every time I sit down at my M2 Macbook Pro and connect my iPhone 14 pro max the computer doesn't recognize me or the phone. Its just me in the room same phone, same computer every day and yet I have to go through this stupid security hassle to upload a photo every time. Why?

Posted on May 20, 2023 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2023 8:37 AM

Reset your Location & Privacy settings. Reset your Network settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert message on your iPhone ...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2023 8:37 AM in response to joesopala

Reset your Location & Privacy settings. Reset your Network settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert message on your iPhone ...

May 20, 2023 8:40 AM in response to joesopala

This was a change made with iOS 16.1, and it is a workaround for a vulnerability that would allow someone who had hacked your computer to make a backup of your iPhone that they could download and essentially have access to your private information. Here is a summary of the vulnerability:

Available for: iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 3rd generation and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 5th generation and later

Impact: An app may be able to access iOS backups

Description: A permissions issue was addressed with additional restrictions. 

CVE-2022-32929: Csaba Fitzl (@theevilbit) of Offensive Security

If you want details you can find them in these two links:

How many times do I have to trust my iphone to upload photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.