carplay not working

CarPLay suddenly stopped working on Iphone 14 Pro max after automatically updated to 16.4.1(a).. I then removed the security update but now totally its not connecting while some of my device are working without any issue, even upgraded ip12 pm to 16.5, still ok while my ip14Pm does not connect.

Reported to apple support but could not give answer about the issue. Will be requesting for a device replacement.

Posted on May 21, 2023 4:51 AM

5 replies

Aug 26, 2023 9:08 AM in response to mark101x

Every time I get in the same car I had with my iPhone X with absolutely no problems ever car it randomly loses CarPlay with my brand new iPhone 14. None of the Apple suggestions work... Reboot phone, turn car off turn car on, disconnect Bluetooth, restart Bluetooth, re-log on to everything, re-boot security permissions, nothing works - it randomly disconnects, the car still thinks it's connected but the phone isn't, CarPlay shows with a frozen screen but the phone is doing something completely different. It's awful and it's been happening ever since I got this 14 Pro.

I want my iPhone X back!!!!!!!

Jun 4, 2023 4:51 AM in response to mark101x

I have managed to do the restore on 16.5 version on my iphone 14 pm, after restoration I was able to connect to carplay automatically without any issues. There is no compatability issues on the 3rd party application Im using to connect carplay wirelessly like what they're saying.

It seems that there was an issue on the 16.4.1(a) version rapid update which causes my carplay to not work.

Anyways, problem solved! Been dealing with it for maybe 3 weeks :)

Thanks

May 23, 2023 4:46 AM in response to mark101x

Just an update, I tried to look for my old usb lightning cable and tried connecting and walah! My phone's carplay works.

I'm planning to visit one of the service center to check with them why my phone does not connect to carplay on wireless (bluetooth) while it works using usb cable.

As mentioned, all the device I tested works fine without any issues except for my ip14pm :( Informed the apple senior adviser and told me to visit one of the nearest apples service center branch.

Jun 4, 2023 2:18 AM in response to mark101x

Here's an update on my car play issue (via wireless). I tried to restore my from from itunes as per advised by the senior advisor but having multiple errors like, while downloading the firmware, the phone exists on recovery mode, been trying for hours doing the same procedure till I was able to complete the download and while the phone was exporting the firmware and restore there was unknown error (11) Informed the senior advisor which is handling my case but did not received any response due to his availability (only email informing me that he is not available and will get back to me once he's back in the office: . My phone was stucked on the apple logo. :) no call back from support 3 days now.

Nice apple support. Good job.

carplay not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.