Ventura 13.3.1a and Safari 16.4

Anyone experiencing issues with "not connected to internet" and its "not a private connection" and so on with Safari? I have a Mac M1 Pro on a wired network and also the same wireless network and over the last couple of weeks or so, literally every website is hanging, blocked etc and having to refresh to reload pages and so on. The connection both wired and wireless are solid and even ran the option key wirless diagnostics which detected zero, yet on screen its none stop grrrrr (angry face). I did a clear browsing history and cookie delete etc but none the better. Running duck and go etc, for ages and my ipad/iphones and HP work laptop dont have any issues.

Any thoughts? Narking me off a bit now and seems to be worsening......

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on May 21, 2023 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 5:57 AM

ic_fish wrote:

Anyone experiencing issues with "not connected to internet" and its "not a private connection" and so on with Safari? I have a Mac M1 Pro on a wired network and also the same wireless network and over the last couple of weeks or so, literally every website is hanging, blocked etc and having to refresh to reload pages and so on. The connection both wired and wireless are solid and even ran the option key wirless diagnostics which detected zero, yet on screen its none stop grrrrr (angry face). I did a clear browsing history and cookie delete etc but none the better. Running duck and go etc, for ages and my ipad/iphones and HP work laptop dont have any issues.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

includes Safari 16.5 (18615.2.9.11.4)

you can read some similar... see Bob Harris:

macbook pro upgrade to ventura 13.3.1 - Apple Community

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 5:57 AM in response to ic_fish

ic_fish wrote:

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4

includes Safari 16.5 (18615.2.9.11.4)

you can read some similar... see Bob Harris:

macbook pro upgrade to ventura 13.3.1 - Apple Community

May 21, 2023 5:53 AM in response to ic_fish

I'm not experiencing this problem and I have an iMac M1 with Ventura 13.4 and Safari 16.5. Do you have any 3rd party clean up apps or anti-virus installed? Those generally can and will cause system problems in many different forms.

If you are not, then try booting into safe boot to allow the system to run some diagnostics and fix problems it finds.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Ventura 13.3.1a and Safari 16.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.