Ghost Alarm

Ghost Alarms-

Ever since switching phones, I have had phantom alarms go off. Data has been transferred multiple times, and my old phones were reset, but it seems like one old phone’s alarms from years ago want to continue their job. They don’t show up anywhere in my current phone’s alarm app.

*Note: I don’t think I deleted all of the now problematic alarms from that particular old phone before resetting it. I also no longer have that phone. Honestly, I don’t know if that would matter. But, there is definitely an underlining issue that deals with transferring phones and alarms.

-I have deleted all of my alarms (including the ones related to bedtime. In fact, when this started, bedtime wasn’t even a thing yet.). Either way, an alarm still persists.

-I have ‘deleted’ the alarm clock app at one point. An alarm still goes off.

-Strange thing is if I flick on my silent mode, and have no vibrations for notifications, I can keep the phantom alarm silent, but the problem is I can’t always do that because it affects my other notifications that I need to receive. Thankfully, the bedtime alarm I have control over still goes off in silent mode, so I can somewhat get by.

-I have literally done everything under the sun, but I want to have my data on my phone. Obviously, having a blank phone gets rid of the issue.

-I have gone through different service providers. The problem still persists.

It’s been going on for years. I’m at an ‘android here i come’ breaking point lol.

Can someone please fix this bug, and throw it on an update? You’d be my hero and I’d worship you more than Baby Yoda.

Posted on May 21, 2023 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 4:01 AM

It is from the clock app because I’ve had the same this happening to me for the last 4 years. Even after switching phones. My alarms that I set for taking my students to PE, Art, Lunch and for waking up every morning still go off. Thank GOD when the phone is silent, only the banner for the alarm shows up (literally says clock and then what it was labeled as) and if it’s not on silent it only rings once. It’s infuriating and I’ve tried everything and even got a new phone and it’s still happening. I’ve called apple support and they were clueless, but seems it may be a more common problem now.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 4:01 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

It is from the clock app because I’ve had the same this happening to me for the last 4 years. Even after switching phones. My alarms that I set for taking my students to PE, Art, Lunch and for waking up every morning still go off. Thank GOD when the phone is silent, only the banner for the alarm shows up (literally says clock and then what it was labeled as) and if it’s not on silent it only rings once. It’s infuriating and I’ve tried everything and even got a new phone and it’s still happening. I’ve called apple support and they were clueless, but seems it may be a more common problem now.

Jun 1, 2024 7:06 AM in response to OB1Konobe

Ugh this just happened to me for the first time ever. Very annoying to be woken up early on the weekend for no reason. I wanted to offer one additional clue that this post reminded me of: the only thing I changed was that a few hours prior to this happening I changed my haptics from “vibrate on silent” to “do not vibrate on silent.” This makes me feel like it’s a weird hidden bug on Apple’s part, not some other app. I’ll try going back to “vibrate on silent” and see if that fixes the problem tomorrow. But obvs would rather this not be an issue.

Jun 4, 2024 4:39 AM in response to OB1Konobe

I had the same thing happen to me just last night. I had set up different alarms on the Apple Alarm app for medication reminders due to a broken wrist and the need to take meds at night. ALL alarms were toggled off when I went to bed due to a change in medication protocol, but the alarms continued to go off every three hours. NOT a great night.

Please Apple...there's a bug in your alarm app. Can't someone work on fixing it?

Sep 7, 2023 6:44 AM in response to OB1Konobe

OB1Konobe wrote:

-Strange thing is if I flick on my silent mode, and have no vibrations for notifications, I can keep the phantom alarm silent, but the problem is I can’t always do that because it affects my other notifications that I need to receive. Thankfully, the bedtime alarm I have control over still goes off in silent mode, so I can somewhat get by.

As Alarms from the Clock app are NOT silenced by the mute switch, this piece of information alone indicates that your problem is with some other app. I suggest you go to Settings>Notifications and look at every single app and turn off the sound on any that you don't recognize as being important. There have been numerous reports of unexpected apps setting off alarms. There is no easy way to isolate which one it is other than to disable sound notifications.

Ghost Alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.