Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Slow wifi speed

Hello,

I need help with getting slow internet connection on wifi network in work. (cellular full speed)

There are various devices in our company but only one iPhone and one MacBook Pro.

I was dealing with similar problem with MacBook, where I was getting around 15mbits instead of 90 like others.

Solved this problem using locations settings, by setting up new location for work and immediately jumped to desired 90.

Now I need to solve the same problem with iPhone, but iPhone doesn't have such setting to my knowledge. On iPhone I am getting from 5mbits to 15mbits down, up from 0.1mbits to 20mbits. I should be getting 90 and 90mbits.

I tried restarting, airplane mode, network setting reset, forgetting network, changing DNS servers, like every common solution you find on first page of google.

Do you guys have any idea what to try next in order to get speed I should be getting?

Thanks for any tips!

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on May 22, 2023 10:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 12:39 AM

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 12:39 AM in response to baldajakub

Connecting to Wi-Fi is the initial step, followed by establishing an internet connection.

However, it's important to note that connecting to Wi-Fi does not automatically guarantee an internet connection. In the event that you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi, the issue may stem from settings on your iPhone or the router/modem.

On the other hand, if you are unable to establish an internet connection despite being connected to Wi-Fi, the problem is likely related to the settings on your router/modem. In such cases, it is advisable to promptly contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency that issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency that provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

May 23, 2023 4:36 AM in response to SravanKrA

Sorry if I explained myself bad. I can connect to wifi and I am getting internet connection, but the speed is significantly slower then what I should be getting. When I do speed test on iPhone I am getting speed around 14mbits, but I should be getting 80-90mbits. All other devices (windows and android) connected to the same network are getting the right speed.

And as i mentioned there was same problem with MacBook, so this problem is most likely caused by Apple devices.

On MacBook i solved this slow speed problem with setting up new network location.

Slow wifi speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.