📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[Dust] Black spot on iphone 13 pro max camera

Hi

I started having dark spots on my photos when I use the 3x lens, after some research its apparently dust stuck in the actual camera.

I have never open it for any reason (1 year iphone )

The phone is still on warranty should Apple replace the camera or the entire phone ?

If the replacement affect the water resistance ?

thank you for your help

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 22, 2023 11:46 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 23, 2023 12:23 AM in response to seddik75

Is the dark spot is the same place irrespective of where the camera is focussing?

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD, APPLE TV AND HOMEPOD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Apple Authorized Service Provider

Find Locations - Location Selector - Apple

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

[Dust] Black spot on iphone 13 pro max camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.