No application set to open error URL ksec://openFromLoginItem error on Mac mini

There is no application set to open the URL ksec://openFromLoginItem.

hi my EtreCheck report

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 22, 2023 11:51 PM

16 replies

May 24, 2023 9:07 AM in response to carletto56

carletto56 wrote:

“There is no application set to open the URL ksec://openFromLoginItem”.

Even after running your screenshot through Google translate, it says nothing of the kind. Instead, it says "kpm-

agent-product-action:?action=DoNothing;is StartupAction=1.", which is totally different.

When I search for that string, the first hit says that this is a Kaspersky problem.

May 23, 2023 9:15 AM in response to carletto56

Hopefully removing all that dung-ware will help your SSD performance. Currently, your Write speeds are abysmal:

Performance:

System Load: 1.50 (1 min ago) 2.34 (5 min ago) 2.99 (15 min ago)

Nominal I/O usage: 0.67 MB/s

File system: 23.82 seconds

Write speed: 495 MB/s ⚠️

Read speed: 2450 MB/s

For an NMVE Apple 8 GT/sec solid-state drive, those two speeds should be much closer. Writes should be a minimum of 2000MB/sec based on many other Etrecheck reports posted here. Yours are a quarter of that.

Also your SSD is TINY! You do not have the storage space to allow you to load up the computer with a lot of stuff that does nothing or, worse, hinders performance.

May 24, 2023 7:21 AM in response to D.I. Johnson

Sorry this is my problem

I was advised to scan with: EtreCheck

I followed your advice

Maybe there will be a disk overfull problem, but I have had less than 30 gb in the past and never appeared login problem

I don't use VPN and there is nothing here: System Settings > Users & Groups > Login Items

but as i repeat the problem appeared after updating Safari to Version 16.5 (17615.2.9.11.6, 17615) 

When I try to do any login on gmail or outlook the pop-up window appears:

“There is no application set to open the URL ksec://openFromLoginItem”.

Thanks Carlo

May 23, 2023 4:41 AM in response to carletto56

carletto56 wrote:

Where are you seeing this message?

I recommend you remove those 3rd party antivirus apps. You actually have more than what EtreCheckPro reports. EtreCheck is missing Kaspersky. It looks like they've updated it and EtreCheck doesn't detect the new version. They've even formed a new company named "Kaspersky Lab Switzerland GmbH" so that people don't know they're Russian. That's clever!

Please be extremely careful when uninstalling these antivirus products. The only way to uninstall a System Extension is to drag the containing app to the trash. In the case of Kaspersky, drag the app "Kaspersky Anti-Virus For Mac.app" to the trash. The operating system will ask if you want to remove the System Extension. You do. After that, you can run whatever uninstaller or uninstallation instructions come with the app.

If you want to uninstall "AdBlock" or "Radio Silence", the same rule applies. You MUST drag the containing app to the trash FIRST. Then uninstall the rest of the app using whatever method they suggest.

Also, half your EtreCheck report was omitted. There probably was some interesting information in that 2nd half.

Regardless, I also recommend deleting the "Soundflower.kext" kernel extension and the "Dr Buho Cleaner". That makes me think of the late-nite infomercial where the TV doctor is preaching "gut health", only for your Mac.

Otherwise, that's my best guess given what little you have said about the problem.

May 23, 2023 11:27 PM in response to Allan Jones

“That's probably just because the hard drive is full.

Or Also your SSD is TINY! You do not have the storage space to allow you to load up the computer with a lot of stuff that does nothing or, worse, hinders performance.”

Thanks, but it's not a space problem. (I have 30 gb free). The problem appeared after updating Safari to Version 16.5 (17615.2.9.11.6, 17615)

When I try to do any login, the windows appear:

ksec://openFromLoginitem

Carlo

May 24, 2023 4:45 AM in response to carletto56

carletto56 wrote:

Thanks, but it's not a space problem. (I have 30 gb free).

Allan Jones was making a comment about your poor write speed. I suggested that the write speed problem was due to your hard drive being full. Your hard drive is most definitely full. The operating system is working hard to keep that last 30 GB free so it will continue to work. Eventually that will fail and you'll have a catastrophic crash, but oh well.

The problem appeared after updating Safari to Version 16.5 (17615.2.9.11.6, 17615)

When I try to do any login, the windows appear:

ksec://openFromLoginitem

As I said the other day, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. That doesn't make any sense.

Lacking any meaningful information about any recognizable problem, I made some general suggestions based on what I saw in your (partial) EtreCheck report. If you aren't very, very careful, you are going to scramble your system with those antivirus apps. Whatever problem you are having now will be much worse. But I haven't the slightest idea what problem that is.

May 24, 2023 8:35 AM in response to carletto56

Delete these files & restart...

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.radiosilenceapp.nke.plist

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.GC.Invoker-1.0.plist

~ tilde indicates your user library folder

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1 From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.

2 In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Uninstall CleanMyMac X

No application set to open error URL ksec://openFromLoginItem error on Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.