Screenshots

My phone is set to take a screenshot when I double tap the back of the phone. I love that feature! But it also frequently takes a photo when I go to set it down somewhere. Is there a way to keep the double tap feature, but stop it from taking a photo when I said it down?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on May 23, 2023 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 5:03 PM

H1290 wrote:
Also, you can try setting up triple-tap to take a screenshot. I don’t know how one could possibly set down one’s iPhone in three steps! 😊

I also use that method...occasional unintended screenshots still happen, but are easily deleted.

3 replies

May 23, 2023 4:48 PM in response to LynetteG69

Hello LynetteG69!

I have also had this issue, except I was using double-tap for opening an app. Unfortunately, your iPhone doesn’t know if you’re setting your iPhone down, or tapping on the back of it.

You can try to be more careful when setting your iPhone down, making sure that you don’t drop one end of it, then release the other end, which accidentally mimics double-tap.

Also, you can try setting up triple-tap to take a screenshot. I don’t know how one could possibly set down one’s iPhone in three steps! 😊

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Screenshots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.