Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange screenshot experience

Hey people, I own iPhonex and whenever I hold the phone in hand for some other purpose it clicks a screenshot on its own. This is so strange. I have enabled triple tap setting to snap a screenshot. More precisely, when I tap my finger behind the phone thrice it makes a screenshot. I’m wondering how is this possible without tapping the phone is making screenshots on its own!!

earlier, I enabled double tap option for this setting. Situation was far worse because whenever I hold the phone it used to make screenshots. But now I noticed it doesn’t take too many as before after enabling triple tap option. Could someone be able to help me?thanks in advance

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 2:17 AM

Hi Nicholas,

thanks for your swift response. I followed the steps you’ve suggested and it seems like working very well! Yay! My phone didn’t snap any screenshot on its own since yesterday. This is a good sign😊 thank you once again for your help wishing you a great day!

3 replies

Feb 23, 2021 10:36 AM in response to Screenshot_experience

Hello Screenshot_experience.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that Double Tap or Triple Tap isn’t working as expected. We’re happy to help.

Please toggle off the feature and restart your iPhone using the steps here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support Once your iPhone has fully restarted, toggle the feature back on, and test. Does it work as expected?

Please use the steps here to ensure that you are using the latest iOS version: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Strange screenshot experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.