You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adaptive lighting prompts

So it’s been a few months of this happening but I have not seen one article asking about this or any Apple instructions that are updated to demonstrate how adaptive lighting works now other than manually in the home app. When I ask Siri through my HomePod to set a light to adaptive lighting. She asks me what adaptive lighting would I like. I just say warm since that works but I’ve been curious what phrases or proper prompts work in response. Is there specific words that change the adaptive lighting to a different tone or time of day tone?

HomePod mini

Posted on May 24, 2023 10:04 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 25, 2023 5:07 PM in response to Gabletron

From Apple:

Turn on Adaptive Lighting

Some lights let you adjust their color temperature, from cool blue to warm yellow. You can set supported lights to automatically adjust the color temperature throughout the day. Wake up to warm colors, stay alert and focused mid-day with cooler ones, and wind down at night by removing blue light. For a light that supports Adaptive Lighting, follow these steps.

1. Tap the right side of the light’s tile to show the controls.
  2. You can also touch and hold the tile, then choose Accessory Details.
  3. Tap .

Control accessories with Home on iPhone - Apple Support

May 25, 2023 6:50 PM in response to Vancouver22

Yeah I know how to manually set it but I need to know what the right prompts are for setting a room of lights. Like I said, for example, I just asked her to set the kitchen to adaptive lighting, she responds with, sure… what adaptive lighting would you like? And sometimes does set it for solo lights but asking to do a room she will. Try it out and see.

May 26, 2023 3:28 AM in response to Vancouver22

Well that was the case at some point last year. I could just change them just by saying it and it would set them to the correct setting. I don’t think you are fully understanding my problem because they did change something purposely. That response to my action means she was coded to ask that when adaptive lighting is set. There is no set idea of how to use Siri. In fact me and my fiancé use her in same normal way as anyone. Changing colors, scenes, brightness, I’m waiting for Apple to respond to this cause they should know. They programmed her and HomeKit. I can easily get it on video too

May 25, 2023 10:28 PM in response to Gabletron

I don’t use this feature, I use the Hue app to automate changes at set times of day. It’s mostly for changing the temperature of the lights, not brightness. I couldn’t find any documentation from Apple about it, other than what I posted above. If you’re asking what commands (prompts?) you would say to Siri, I don’t think that's the idea behind it. it will automatically adjust its colour temperatures throughout the day without you needing to ask.

Adaptive lighting prompts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.