Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Multi-output instruments in Logic Pro for iPad?

Are multi-output instruments supported in the iPad version of Logic Pro? I am able to add a multi-output AUv3 plugin to my project, but it seems that all the outputs are getting summed to the stereo output of the channel the instrument is loaded on. I don't see a plus button on the channel strip to add additional aux channels to route the outputs of the plugin separately. Is the workflow for multi-tracking multi-output instruments different on iPad? Or is this feature only supported on Mac?

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on May 24, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 10:13 AM

I figured it out! You have to manually create aux channels (by adding sends to an existing channel). Then in the mix view, you can select the input for the aux channel as one of the outputs of the multi-output instrument. Repeat for each output you want to track separately. Kind of tedious but you can group all the channels into a summing stack then save it as a patch, so you only need to set it all up once.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 10:13 AM in response to jdormit

I figured it out! You have to manually create aux channels (by adding sends to an existing channel). Then in the mix view, you can select the input for the aux channel as one of the outputs of the multi-output instrument. Repeat for each output you want to track separately. Kind of tedious but you can group all the channels into a summing stack then save it as a patch, so you only need to set it all up once.

Multi-output instruments in Logic Pro for iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.