Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Getting my Canon PIXMA TR2070 series printer to connect and print/scan without having to reinstall software each time

My Macbook is Monterey 12.2.1 version and I have tried to connect my printer with inconsistent results. Once in a blue moon it works without a hitch, but most of the time it requires me to fully uninstall and reinstall the software to get it to scan just one image before the prompt 'failed to open connection with device'. I've tried turning the printer off and on after each reinstall, checking my wifi connection to both laptop and printer, and connecting the printer physically to the laptop with a USB-C but I'm still running into this problem.

I use the package downloaded from this site https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/pageSize/25/productCategoryAnsList/RN_PRODUCT_3025%3ARN_CATEGORY_3212%3ARN_CATEGORY_1036/productRecordID/RN_PRODUCT_3025/truncate/200/type/browse compatible with Mac OS 12. The software is IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.4.0.1.

Anyone run into this issue and able to fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 24, 2023 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 3:56 AM

rachelverityy wrote:

My Macbook is Monterey 12.2.1 version and I have tried to connect my printer with inconsistent results. Once in a blue moon it works without a hitch, but most of the time it requires me to fully uninstall and reinstall the software to get it to scan just one image before the prompt 'failed to open connection with device'. I've tried turning the printer off and on after each reinstall, checking my wifi connection to both laptop and printer, and connecting the printer physically to the laptop with a USB-C but I'm still running into this problem.

I use the package downloaded from this site https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/pageSize/25/productCategoryAnsList/RN_PRODUCT_3025%3ARN_CATEGORY_3212%3ARN_CATEGORY_1036/productRecordID/RN_PRODUCT_3025/truncate/200/type/browse compatible with Mac OS 12. The software is IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.4.0.1.

First thing would to update the " My Macbook is Monterey 12.2.1 version " to the Current version 12.6.6

There have been several important Bug Fixes and Security Updates that may or may not be directly related to this issue

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support (CA)

From you provided link be certain to choose the download specific to Monterey

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/pageSize/25/productCategoryAnsList/RN_PRODUCT_3025%3ARN_CATEGORY_3212%3ARN_CATEGORY_318/productRecordID/RN_PRODUCT_3025/truncate/200/type/browse/session/L3RpbWUvMTY4NTAxMTc5NC9nZW4vMTY4NTAxMTc5NC9zaWQvZlVEVTJNY1NCX2RLM19wcHIlN0V6cUxFaENZRTNYbUFjNVBPd0pFdllheGJoYjE1RloxeG9PV1JBeWpDX2xMb1RMenFUSnZYRVg5dXVsa0JoVFlId3NIcE1lX1REelN5WFhYViU3RWgzVG5Db1ZUZF9IVmo5b25LOGRwQSUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

Further and from that same link an excerpt

AirPrint™ Supported Device 

This device is supported by the Apple AirPrint™ Service and a driver is not needed.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2023 3:56 AM in response to rachelverityy

rachelverityy wrote:

First thing would to update the " My Macbook is Monterey 12.2.1 version " to the Current version 12.6.6

There have been several important Bug Fixes and Security Updates that may or may not be directly related to this issue

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

What's new in the updates for macOS Monterey - Apple Support (CA)

From you provided link be certain to choose the download specific to Monterey

https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/browse/a_status/published/channelRecordID/DRIVERS_AND_SOFTWARE/pageSize/25/productCategoryAnsList/RN_PRODUCT_3025%3ARN_CATEGORY_3212%3ARN_CATEGORY_318/productRecordID/RN_PRODUCT_3025/truncate/200/type/browse/session/L3RpbWUvMTY4NTAxMTc5NC9nZW4vMTY4NTAxMTc5NC9zaWQvZlVEVTJNY1NCX2RLM19wcHIlN0V6cUxFaENZRTNYbUFjNVBPd0pFdllheGJoYjE1RloxeG9PV1JBeWpDX2xMb1RMenFUSnZYRVg5dXVsa0JoVFlId3NIcE1lX1REelN5WFhYViU3RWgzVG5Db1ZUZF9IVmo5b25LOGRwQSUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

Further and from that same link an excerpt

AirPrint™ Supported Device 

This device is supported by the Apple AirPrint™ Service and a driver is not needed.

Getting my Canon PIXMA TR2070 series printer to connect and print/scan without having to reinstall software each time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.