Bose QC 35 II only plays out of one ear on Mac

My QC 35 II only plays out of the left ear when it's connected to my Mac. I even got the newest operating system Ventura 3.4 yesterday because I thought would fix it. Didn't fix. The headphones works normally with my iPad Pro, iPad 10, and iPhone 13 Pro. It's really just my Mac Pro with the old or new OS. It behaves like this regardless of the website or app (Safari, Music, Chrome). I restarted everything multiple times. Even unpaired and re-paired the headphones. Headphone software is also up to date. My AirPod Pros work fine with my Mac. It's really just the Bose QC 35 II.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing! Thank you!

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 25, 2023 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 9:40 PM

You might want to try checking the Sound Settings on your Mac:

For Ventura:

Change Sound settings on Mac – Apple Support

To change these settings, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Sound  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)

Change the sound output settings on Mac – Apple Support

says:

Click Output on the right, then select the device you want to use in the list of sound output devices. 

All sound output devices available to your Mac are listed, including the computer’s internal speakers, devices plugged into your computer’s sound port (), USB speakers and AirPlay devices.

For any device plugged into the computer’s sound port, choose Headphones

"Adjust the balance: Drag the Balance slider." (eg: try in the middle)

All the best :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 9:40 PM in response to fei_yu

You might want to try checking the Sound Settings on your Mac:

For Ventura:

Change Sound settings on Mac – Apple Support

To change these settings, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Sound  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)

Change the sound output settings on Mac – Apple Support

says:

Click Output on the right, then select the device you want to use in the list of sound output devices. 

All sound output devices available to your Mac are listed, including the computer’s internal speakers, devices plugged into your computer’s sound port (), USB speakers and AirPlay devices.

For any device plugged into the computer’s sound port, choose Headphones

"Adjust the balance: Drag the Balance slider." (eg: try in the middle)

All the best :-)

Bose QC 35 II only plays out of one ear on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.