Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Calendar synchronisation between Mac mini and iPhone does not work anymore since latest macOS Ventura iOs update!!

hi everybody,

again and again the same situation!! there is a new update for the mac (13.4.) and for the phone (16.5) and the synchronisation between the mac and the iphone does not work anymore! it is the third time now and i am asking myself why apple is doing that?! are we continiously forced to synchronize with icloud, i just want to do that between the mac and iphone, basta. so please fix that.

this is a reason to leave...

thanks and best g

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 27, 2023 3:09 AM

6 replies

May 27, 2023 10:14 AM in response to SravanKrA

hi,

thanks for your answer. the possibility to sync between iphone and mac has been existing since the first iphone (without being online or using any of these accounts you are mentioning).

a few years ago apple cancelled that possibility in itunes, but there was a lot of protest therefore apple reintroduced that. during the the recent updates (not the most recent now) the same thing happened again, protest and with the first bug fix it worked again. here we are again.

the great thing was you needed not to be online at all.

best g

May 27, 2023 12:01 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

hello,

thanks, i do not see that. it looks like the sync process is working, showing also the new differences from the iphone, but the new entries of the calender of the iphone are not written to the calender of the mac.

i have been doing this since the first iphone 2007 via usb until a week ago (with the mentioned interruptions see above).

afte the most recent updates on iphone/ios and mac mini/os it does not work anymore...

best g

Dec 10, 2023 11:29 PM in response to günther193

Hello,

Since updating macOS Big Sur to Ventura v13.6.1 in a family's 13" Intel 2020 MacBook Pro about a month ago and synchronizing two folks' iPhones (13 & 11 Pro Max's v16.7.2) in two different macOS accounts, I found issues with Calendar events in both macOS Ventura v13.6.1 and iOS v16.7.x:

1. MacOS' Calendar shows missing new, deleted, and updated events from iPhones. How do I get all iPhone's calendar events to show up in macOS' Calendar? Is there a way to force it? I know it can go the other way, but iPhones will lose their newer data. :( And yes, I checked to see the calendars are selected (all enabled).

2. After the first synchronization for each iPhone after macOS upgrade, both iPhones and macOS' Calendars showed many duplicate events.

Users don't use iCloud for Calendar and others, except Find My, and any other non-Apple third party services and apps for calendars. All synchronizations are done through lighting-USB2 cables. What's going on? Is there a known bug or something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.

May 27, 2023 7:57 AM in response to günther193

These don't sync between Mac Min & iPhone Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Voice MemosiCloud Photos, and emails. Each device syncs to the email account server which may be Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or others. Please see the pic below

If one of the devices is not connected to the internet then it may seem to you that they are not syncing.

May 27, 2023 10:26 AM in response to günther193

Syncing calendars between devices hasn’t been supported for at least 10 years, ever since cloud calendar sync was added. Your iPhone calendar is a copy of the calendar on the email server or servers you sync to. Likewise for your Mac calendars.

If you have only local calendars, contacts, etc on your iPhone and your Mac you can still sync them through Finder, but it is not real time, and requires running a sync step in Finder each time you want to resync them.

Go to Finder with your phone connected, click on it in the left menu, then click on Info. If you see this:

Then you can only sync through your email server.

Calendar synchronisation between Mac mini and iPhone does not work anymore since latest macOS Ventura iOs update!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.