Neighbour, Sim hacking my iPhone šŸ“±

👋 hi. Has anybody got any advice my iPhone my Sim card has been Sim hacked

iPhone 12

Posted on May 27, 2023 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 10:43 PM

Longnight7 Said:

"Neighbour, Sim hacking my iPhone: hi. Has anybody got any advice my iPhone my Sim card has been Sim hacked"

-------

Securing your iPhone:

A.Ā About a Hacked iPhone:

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine if it has been hacked, unless you know that it has been jailbroken. And, the only way for anĀ iPhoneĀ to have hacked is if it has been jailbroken.

So, what to do...

B.Ā Reset your iPhone to Factory Settings:

Having tampered with this app, then reset youĀ iPhoneĀ to factory settings, as if you were to sell it.Ā Go here:Ā What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -Ā Apple Support. Perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2023 10:43 PM in response to Longnight7

Longnight7 Said:

"Neighbour, Sim hacking my iPhone: hi. Has anybody got any advice my iPhone my Sim card has been Sim hacked"

-------

Securing your iPhone:

A.Ā About a Hacked iPhone:

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine if it has been hacked, unless you know that it has been jailbroken. And, the only way for anĀ iPhoneĀ to have hacked is if it has been jailbroken.

So, what to do...

B.Ā Reset your iPhone to Factory Settings:

Having tampered with this app, then reset youĀ iPhoneĀ to factory settings, as if you were to sell it.Ā Go here:Ā What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -Ā Apple Support. Perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

Aug 13, 2023 6:06 PM in response to Longnight7

Longnight7 Said:

"Itā€™s actually called him hijacking. Sorry for the replies been so long. Everything on an iPhone protected. Sim cards in carriers are not protected and I was in hacked. Since then Iā€™ve changed providers and Iā€™ve got a Sim pin on."

-------

So, what to do...

Reset your iPhone to Factory Settings:

May 28, 2023 6:02 AM in response to Longnight7

Thanks for the reply.

No one in this thread has challenged your assertion.

You came here asking for otherā€™s thoughts and recommendations; itā€™s only natural that readers in a technical forum would be interested in more specific information from an individual claiming 1st-hand experience.

So again, what does your carrier have say about it and what are your own experiences ?

Neighbour, Sim hacking my iPhone šŸ“±

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.