travel adapter for India

What is the best travel adaptor, out of Apple's World Travel Adaptor Kit, for India? I only want to bring what I need.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 28, 2023 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 5:53 PM

Azcarya Said:

"travel adapter for India: What is the best travel adaptor, out of Apple's World Travel Adaptor Kit, for India? I only want to bring what I need."

-------

Which Adapter to Get:

Apple does not sell an adapter by location. This is what to purchase: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit - Apple

3 replies

May 29, 2023 5:22 PM in response to Azcarya

I understand your concern but India uses at least three varieties of power outlets, so a definitive answer is not possible. Refer to https://law.resource.org/pub/in/bis/S05/is.1293.2005.pdf, ANNEX A (Clauses 9.1 and 9.3) for dimensions of one particular variety.

Rather than spend $30 for Apple's World Travel Adapter Kit, which includes only one adapter that may or may not fit, I suggest you buy a socket adapter appropriate for the region in which you plan to be. They are commonly available in just about every convenience store in the US for about $5, but you are more likely to find the exact one you need in the particular state or territory in which you are traveling.

travel adapter for India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.