Verification Codes to new IPhone or Device

Is it possible in Apple ecosystem to change phone and retain all the 2FA verification codes in my apple account (Which auto generates in Password section under settings app) such as Facebook, Twitter and so on? I have a bad experience where I had authentication code added to Google Authenticator and trade in my old phone to a new phone and I lost all the Codes.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:29 PM

2FA dyamically generates codes. It does not store them anywhere. When you change devices and log in to a new one a new 2FA code is generated and sent to your trusted devices or trusted phone number so you can see it and enter it on the new device.

As for stored app and website passwords, if you use iCloud Keychain, the are tied to and stored in the iCloud account, and will be available in Keychain on the new device once you have logged in with tour Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 6:29 PM in response to cyganjaynoc

2FA dyamically generates codes. It does not store them anywhere. When you change devices and log in to a new one a new 2FA code is generated and sent to your trusted devices or trusted phone number so you can see it and enter it on the new device.

As for stored app and website passwords, if you use iCloud Keychain, the are tied to and stored in the iCloud account, and will be available in Keychain on the new device once you have logged in with tour Apple ID.

Verification Codes to new IPhone or Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.