My Magic Keyboard keys aren’t working..

The spacebar, shift and return key aren’t working at all or sometimes but very rarely the shift and return key works but never the spacebar…I would prefer u would suggest me what to do..

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 30, 2023 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 4:04 AM

Remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard - and carefully/gently clean the smart connector contacts on both the iPad and keyboard with a soft pencil eraser (a drafting-film eraser is ideal). Ensure that the contacts on both iPad and keyboard are dirt and dust free - and all debris from the eraser have been removed - before reconnecting the two.

This support page may be helpful:

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If problems persist, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and Magic Keyboard:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 4:04 AM in response to bhavya8911

Remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard - and carefully/gently clean the smart connector contacts on both the iPad and keyboard with a soft pencil eraser (a drafting-film eraser is ideal). Ensure that the contacts on both iPad and keyboard are dirt and dust free - and all debris from the eraser have been removed - before reconnecting the two.

This support page may be helpful:

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If problems persist, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and Magic Keyboard:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My Magic Keyboard keys aren’t working..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.