Iphone 14 Pro Voice Suddenly Breaking up on calls and the other party can not hear me!

I saw several correspondences about this issue on apple offical discussion platforms and also there are some videos on youtube which try to solve this problem but non of it solves my problem. While I am speaking suddenly my voice breaks up and other party can not hear me for a while. Not always in same location every time this problem occurs in different places even opeartor signal is good.

I tried to reset network settings, no solution

I tried to reset factory settings by removing e-sim as well.. no solution

I tried to change celluar settings by deactivating wi-fi call.. .. no solution

I tried to deactivate VoLTE celluar settings.. .. no solution

I tried to change signal from 5G to LTE and 3G.. .. no solution

No solution!!!!

Actually I never had this problem for 5 months period since I bought my phone. But unfortunately as soon as I updated my ios to 16.5, this problem has been occured.

I kindly ask to apple support team responsibles to solve my problem and get in contact with me via my email or GSM.

Thank you in advance..

Posted on May 30, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 6:06 AM

Thank you! THIS IS THE ANSWER! Ya'all can stop reading any further. This will definitely correct the issue! Thank you thank you!!

Similar questions

35 replies

Sep 21, 2023 10:14 AM in response to yousuf1453

I'm going to try this. My iPhone 12Pro has horrible static and clarity problems. No matter whether I use the Apple earbuds or the speaker or just the regular call mic, all of it has terrible issues. People on the other end keep telling me that I'm breaking up so bad they can only understand every other word.

Apple ... if this issue is so wide spread, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! After paying for such an expensive phone, this is totally unacceptable! >:(

Jul 23, 2023 8:05 AM in response to SravanKrA

Apple is just ignoring the issue. It is so embarrassing that every call and meeting after few mins, this voice break up happens for 30 seconds and the next one will happen after around 3-5 mins.

by the way this has been going on for an year, tried every possible solution , I even bought iPhone 14 Pro and the same issue started again.

I changed sim carriers and it’s not the carrier issue. My iPhone is new so it’s not the hardware issue meaning mic dirty etc.

Apple, come on, please help us.

May 30, 2023 9:24 AM in response to balevren

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

There are several potential reasons for distorted voice calls on an iPhone. Here are some common factors that can contribute to this issue:

1. A weak or unstable cellular network signal can result in voice call distortion. If the signal strength is low, the audio quality may suffer, leading to distortion, dropouts, or static during calls.
  2. High network traffic or congestion can affect voice call quality. When there are too many users trying to access the network simultaneously, it can result in degraded call quality or distortion.
  3. It's recommended to keep your iPhone's software up to date and regularly check for app updates.
  4. If you are using a Bluetooth headset or speakerphone during calls, interference or compatibility issues can lead to distorted audio. Try disconnecting any connected Bluetooth devices and check if the voice quality improves.
  5. Voice call distortion can also be attributed to problems on the network provider's end. Temporary network outages, infrastructure issues, or maintenance work can affect call quality in specific areas or during certain times.

If you're experiencing persistent voice call distortion on your iPhone, it's recommended to troubleshoot the problem by following these steps:

1. Check your network signal strength and switch to a different location if possible to see if the issue persists.
  2. Restart your iPhone to refresh the software and temporary settings.
  3. Disable any Bluetooth devices connected to your iPhone during calls and check if the distortion improves.
  4. Verify that your iPhone's software is up to date and install any available updates.
  5. Contact your network provider to inquire about any known issues in your area.
  6. If the problem persists, consider contacting or visiting an Apple authorized service center to diagnose and address any hardware-related problems.

Sep 15, 2023 3:43 PM in response to crys_80

I am having the same phone call issue with my iPhone 14 Pro Max which I purchased 3 weeks ago. I was unable to resolve with Apple online support; nor with AT&T online support. Then, I went to AT&T store...all they did was reset my network connections which did not help. Then, I went to Apple Store...they did diagnostic test on my phone and told me they did not detect any hardware issues.

I don't know what else to do. I am so frustrated. I should have just keep my old iPhone 11 (which worked just fine) and not upgraded. I would have saved myself $1,200 + all the frustration of not being able to rely on my new phone for phone calls.

Feb 18, 2024 12:55 PM in response to balevren

The fix for me on the iPhone 14 Pro Max voice cutting in and out was to remove the physical SIM, do a hard reset and then put the physical SIM back in.

This iPhone 14 PM had at one time 2 eSIM’s showing up (same phone number) and a physical SIM installed. I first deleted the secondary eSIM but that didn’t help. I was worried about deleting the other eSIM so I removed the physical SIM and rebooted and then installed the physical SIM. Now there are no more eSIM’s showing up and the voice is much better with no cutting in and out.

Mar 12, 2024 7:23 AM in response to hmmorelli

If your issue is only happening while on speakerphone and people keep telling you that you sound like your under water or can't hear you, but you can hear them, I can tell you what worked for me.

While you're on a call or making a call AND on speakerphone, swipe down and open the control center, make sure the "mic mode" is on "voice isolation". This worked for me.

Jul 31, 2023 1:16 PM in response to Madhu Seela

I have had a apple phone since the 5S came out. I recently purchased iPhone 14 Pro. My new phone is also doing the same as your phone, Madhu Seela. Apple customer service blamed it on my carrier's towers not being up to date/speed and that my old phone would work better on Verizon. Yes, that's right, so what the man was telling me is that I just purchased a $1,700 phone for NOTHING, that my s6 would work better than new Apple phones on Verizon. I have been to Verizon office twice in 1 1/2 weeks of purchasing the phone (both in different locations as my house). They did the wireless/tower ping reset. Phone still doing the voice reverb/voice distorted.

Why should anyone purchase or upgrade if the old phones work BETTER, ........according to Apple Support.

Iphone 14 Pro Voice Suddenly Breaking up on calls and the other party can not hear me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.