Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emailed about billing problem from apple

Accidentally clicked on fix payment button on email(no_reply@email.apple.com) and it took me right to the Apple Store app with my payment info. Is this a scam?

Posted on May 31, 2023 4:16 AM

6 replies

May 31, 2023 9:38 PM in response to Fifty298

Fifty298 Said:

"Emailed about billing problem from apple: Accidentally clicked on fix payment button on email(no_reply@email.apple.com) and it took me right to the Apple Store app with my payment info. Is this a scam?"

-------

It is a Scam:

What you are reporting is a scam. Apple would have you log in first. So, report it to Apple (and to your federal government, if desired) modify your credentials.

Do as I've Instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips

Did you Interact with it?

If you did not interact with the messages, then you can ignore it. If you did (i.e. Provide personal info), then you may need to take thinks a step further.

Modifying your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

Mar 5, 2024 8:17 PM in response to Fifty298

This email is VERY MUCH a scam. I got two today, both saying I need to update my payment information so I can pay for my Youtube and Amazon Music subscriptions. Both dated today. Here’s the thing: I already successfully had both payments go through over 1-1.5 weeks ago, and they are not due again for another 2 weeks. And nothing is wrong with my payment information. Don’t click the links or give any info.

Emailed about billing problem from apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.