we have a Ipad Pro 10.5 and i want to receive pictures from my camera

We have the 2017 version of IPad Pro 0.5. We want to transfer pictures from our camera, Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Digital Camera, to our IPad.

these elderly folks could use all your help.

Thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 31, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 3:00 PM

There are a few ways you can do this.

Easiest thing to do I think , is to extract the memory card from the camera and use a card reader connected to the iPad to get the photos off.

1. Open the battery compartment and extract the memory card. Make sure the camera is turned off.
  2. Use a card reader that can accept the memory card such as Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader — Apple - Apple

This Apple Card reader can be connected directly to the iPad's charging port and and should produce the Photos import screen automatically.

Other card readers may require a Lightning to USB adapter: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - Apple

click here ➜ Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 3:00 PM in response to Nakedland

There are a few ways you can do this.

Easiest thing to do I think , is to extract the memory card from the camera and use a card reader connected to the iPad to get the photos off.

1. Open the battery compartment and extract the memory card. Make sure the camera is turned off.
  2. Use a card reader that can accept the memory card such as Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader — Apple - Apple

This Apple Card reader can be connected directly to the iPad's charging port and and should produce the Photos import screen automatically.

Other card readers may require a Lightning to USB adapter: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - Apple

click here ➜ Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

May 31, 2023 3:20 PM in response to Nakedland

There are two principal methods to transfer pictures from your camera(s) to your iPad:

1) If your camera(s) have a USB connection, you can use a direct cable transfer with a suitable USB cable and an Adpater; to do so, the camera must be in MTP mode.

• Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

2) Copy photos from the cameras SD Storage Card to the iPad - using and SD Card adapter:

• Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MJYT2ZM/A

Start here:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

Direct import of photos from your camera SD Card to your Photo library is possible - subject to a couple of caveats:

• the SD Card must be correctly formatted as FAT, FAT32 or exFAT (FAT64)
  • stored photos are stored within the expected DCIM folder

Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

If you are unable to use the direct photo import feature, you can still manually access and copy photos from the SD Card using the iPad’s built-in Files App. To do so, just open the Files App - and in the Sidebar you will see your SD Card in the list of Locations. If necessary, open the sidebar by tapping the sidebar icon at top-left of the Files App Window. Photos can be copied to the iPad Photo Library, or copied to a folder of your choice either on your iPad or elsewhere.

we have a Ipad Pro 10.5 and i want to receive pictures from my camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.