Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone 14 overheating

i am having the same issue noted above. I’ve been driving a rental all week and as soon as I plug the iPhone it immediately heats up. The only apps I have running are Waze and Pandora. In my personal car it has not done that at all so I’m not sure if the issue is with this particular rental or what. Please advise. I need Waze to get around and I don’t want to damage my phone.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 6:59 AM

So, I am guessing you mean the power cord when talking about plugging in.

I think the charging wattage is higher in the rental car than in your car, which then results in your iPhone charging at a higher power and therefore more heat. This combined with battery intensive apps like Waze, can certainly lead to a warmer/hotter phone. Don't worry about it, as long as the overheating screen is not showing up you are good to go.

Read here more:

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 6:59 AM in response to Jackie 1251

So, I am guessing you mean the power cord when talking about plugging in.

I think the charging wattage is higher in the rental car than in your car, which then results in your iPhone charging at a higher power and therefore more heat. This combined with battery intensive apps like Waze, can certainly lead to a warmer/hotter phone. Don't worry about it, as long as the overheating screen is not showing up you are good to go.

Read here more:

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

iPhone 14 overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.