Ventura 13.4 thunderbolt 3 port

I have updated to 13.4 and now one of my thunderbolt ports have stopped working my external HDD now needs to be plugged into a usb port. I have an external monitor plugged in the other port but when I move it the display is dead. iMac 21inch

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 5:15 PM

Hello golf18,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

As you've already confirmed that other devices don't work when plugged in to that port as well, you'll want to try shutting down your Mac and unplugging it from the power outlet for at least a minute. Plug it back in and see if this issue continues.

This can reset the power to the ports and resolve some issues like this.

If it doesn't seem to help, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support to look in to what options you have. You can reach out to them here: Get Support

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 5:15 PM in response to golf18

Hello golf18,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

As you've already confirmed that other devices don't work when plugged in to that port as well, you'll want to try shutting down your Mac and unplugging it from the power outlet for at least a minute. Plug it back in and see if this issue continues.

This can reset the power to the ports and resolve some issues like this.

If it doesn't seem to help, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support to look in to what options you have. You can reach out to them here: Get Support

Take care!

Ventura 13.4 thunderbolt 3 port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.