Apple pay not working in Asda

Right I have used apple pay for years but since my bank has changed from Visa to Master Card it doesn’t work in Asda even when under £100 (store have to reduce and still don’t work) the physical card works but apple pay doesn’t and its either my new iPhone or bank card. The bank says it’s a problem with apple pay! Can you help!

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 3:03 PM

7 replies

Jun 1, 2023 3:41 PM in response to Raicya

Thanks for the swift response, the card is on the wallet and works usually just not in asda, like I have said i have used Apple Pay since it started, best thing ever upto 3 months ago and I have had so many problems it’s shocking. To the point where i have had to leave my shopping go home to get the card and pay that way, bank has said it’s nothing to do with them. But I’m not convinced. I just need to contact everyone involved so I can take it to the bank. Thank you again.

Jun 1, 2023 4:43 PM in response to Ellen-M-C

Asda is a store, right? Could the store have changed its policy? I had a similar experience with a big box store in the US. They switched from American Express and will now not only accept VISA. To solve my problem, I had to enter a different card - a VISA - in order to use my Wallet at that store. There was no problem with my card. And no problem with the Wallet. It was a policy change of what the store would accept.

Since you can use the physical card, I wonder if the change in policy is regarding digital payments? You may want to check with the store’s customer service.

Jun 2, 2023 1:37 AM in response to Carol B.

Well I did suggest that to the staff at Asda (Walmart in America i think) they said no not that there aware of! I will try speaking to customer services. Tbh I don’t know if it’s an Asda problem or spending over £100! I usually only spend that much on food shopping. So not sure. I really don’t want to go back to the 1800 and carry cash and card lol Thank you for your help

Apple pay not working in Asda

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.