Ringtone

I purchased a song for my ringtone, and the ringtone comes up but it has a circle after it and it won’t let me select it. How am I able to select it?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 12:55 AM

It sounds like the ringtone hasn’t been fully downloaded or there’s a syncing issue. Here’s a few steps to try:

1. Check your Wi-Fi connection to make sure you’re online.

2. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone. Here, if your purchased ringtone appears with a circle, it means it’s not fully downloaded.

3. Try clicking on the ringtone to download it. If that doesn’t work, you may need to go to the iTunes Store app > More > Purchased > Music > Ringtones, and then find the ringtone and download it again.

4. After downloading, it should appear in your ringtones list without the circle.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 12:55 AM in response to Violet717

It sounds like the ringtone hasn’t been fully downloaded or there’s a syncing issue. Here’s a few steps to try:

1. Check your Wi-Fi connection to make sure you’re online.

2. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone. Here, if your purchased ringtone appears with a circle, it means it’s not fully downloaded.

3. Try clicking on the ringtone to download it. If that doesn’t work, you may need to go to the iTunes Store app > More > Purchased > Music > Ringtones, and then find the ringtone and download it again.

4. After downloading, it should appear in your ringtones list without the circle.

Jun 2, 2023 12:53 AM in response to Violet717

For enhanced comprehension of the phenomenon, it would greatly benefit if you could kindly repost using a screenshot. Visual representations hold more impact than mere words.

Please bear in mind that this is a public forum, and when attaching a screenshot, refrain from including any personal credentials such as IP addresses, card details, email IDs, Apple IDs, IMEI numbers, serial numbers, phone numbers, order IDs, or any identifiable location information if you are sharing a map.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Jun 2, 2023 1:22 AM in response to Violet717

I purchased a song for my ringtone,

👉 To make and/or use a song as a ringtone, you must first make that song suitable for a ringtone.

See the following Apple articles:

Create and manage ringtones -> Create and manage ringtones - Apple Community

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro or GarageBand for Mac song

Create a ringtone of your Logic Pro or GarageBand for Mac song – Apple Support (UK)

Create Ringtones in Garageband

Create Ringtones in Garageband - Apple Community

Ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.