Hi I have itunes 12.12.9.9.4 but no remote control button and none of the remedies on line seem to work . Can anyone help?

Hi I have itunes 12.12.9.9.4 but no remote control button and none of the remedies on line seem to work . Can anyone help? I do not have an apple watch and its an Iphone 12 SE

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 2:06 PM

Hi WestgateDP,

What were the steps you took to get this working so far?

To use iTunes Remote with your iPhone, you need to take the steps here:

Pair iTunes Remote with your media library

Before you can use the iTunes Remote app, you need to pair it with the media library (or libraries) you want to control. Your device and your computer must be on the same wireless network and signed in with the same Apple ID.
1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Remote app.
2. Do one of the following:
* If it’s your first time using iTunes Remote: Tap Connect Manually.
* If it’s not your first time using iTunes Remote: Tap Settings, then tap “Add a media library.”
A 4-digit code appears.
3. In the iTunes app  on your PC, click the Remote button  near the top left of the iTunes window, then type the 4-digit code. 
iTunes pairs the library on your computer with the iTunes Remote app on your device.

Set up the iTunes Remote app for iTunes on PC

Are you using the same Apple ID for your iPhone and your PC?

Let us know if this got you signed in and solved the issue.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 2:06 PM in response to WestgateDP

Hi WestgateDP,

What were the steps you took to get this working so far?

To use iTunes Remote with your iPhone, you need to take the steps here:

Pair iTunes Remote with your media library

Before you can use the iTunes Remote app, you need to pair it with the media library (or libraries) you want to control. Your device and your computer must be on the same wireless network and signed in with the same Apple ID.
1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Remote app.
2. Do one of the following:
* If it’s your first time using iTunes Remote: Tap Connect Manually.
* If it’s not your first time using iTunes Remote: Tap Settings, then tap “Add a media library.”
A 4-digit code appears.
3. In the iTunes app  on your PC, click the Remote button  near the top left of the iTunes window, then type the 4-digit code. 
iTunes pairs the library on your computer with the iTunes Remote app on your device.

Set up the iTunes Remote app for iTunes on PC

Are you using the same Apple ID for your iPhone and your PC?

Let us know if this got you signed in and solved the issue.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Hi I have itunes 12.12.9.9.4 but no remote control button and none of the remedies on line seem to work . Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.