How do I directly contact Apple customer support for Refund request ?

I have an issue with my online purchase and I have requested refund throw support. I got rejected and in the meantime store accepted my complaint and instructed me to as refund and I can’t now since I was already rejected. Any direct contact for support?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 12:19 PM

3 replies

May 23, 2024 8:54 PM in response to JocaDraco

Since this is the latest request for help for, "We've determined that your purchase doesn't meet the conditions for a refund," I actually went on a time-consuming chat with very friendly Apple reps.

So Apple's terms Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

state, "...Apple may suspend or cancel payment or refuse a refund request if we find evidence of fraud, abuse, or unlawful or other manipulative behavior that entitles Apple to a corresponding counterclaim..." Since this process is automated, it also means a dead-end.

Finally I got one rap who is a gamer,

"I can totally relate to your situation as I have been through it many times and resulting with no refund on this app purchases, but sometimes if we directly talk to the app developer and informed them about how we used the app purchase, they will look further to the refund and will surly help with information about the refund decision on the purchases.

"As Apple is the mediator of these consumable purchases between our valuable customers and the app developer the final decision would be from the app side.

"From the Apple side the backend automated team review the refund and whatever results come from the app developer it would show on the refund status."

Of course nothing shows on the refund status but "We've determined that your purchase doesn't meet the conditions for a refund." Dead end on Apple's side.

I had searched for a web presence of the developer and not found any. My beef was that the developer offered boosters (consumables), but when I purchased a promised game continuation, their app set the game back to zero. I was dumb enough to try several times at 8 bucks a shot. I was deprived of my dopamine output. No pleasure. So I willfully rejected the truism that turns out not to be attributable to Einstein, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

But then come the reward, and maybe yours. The last rep came up with this Apple page: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

For iPhone apps:

1 Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.

2 Search for the app, then tap it. If you can't find it, tap the account button or your photo at the top of the screen, tap Purchased > My Purchases, tap "Not on this [device]," then select the app.

3 The app's product page appears. Scroll to the Ratings & Reviews section, then tap App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID.

Try it, worked for me.

May 23, 2024 9:53 PM in response to JocaDraco

Use the link provided to contact Apple directly.

The developer plays absolutely no role in the refund process and has no influence in your refund being approved by Apple. I have many games in the App Store and have never been contacted by Apple about a refund and there is no special contact that we have with Apple to be able to suggest a refund to any user.

The developers do have Promo Codes that they can give to any user they want to be able to provide them with a free download of the app or offer an in-app purchase for free. The developer can send you this Promo Code and you enter it in the App Store by tapping your name in the upper right corner and tap Redeem Gift Card or Code. More information about these Promo Codes that a developer can give you are here:

Request and manage promo codes - Offer promo codes - App Store Connect - Help - Apple Developer

How do I directly contact Apple customer support for Refund request ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.