Camera not available in MBP (Mid-2012) on High Sierra

Another problem. While using Zoom with my MBP (mid-2012) on High Sierra, there was no means to connect with video. I tried FaceTime and only found the message "Camera Unavailable". Following hints available on the internet, I then opened, Preferences, Security & Privacy, and Privacy. The video icon is not shown in the left pane. I tried an external webcam. It worked with no problem. Is there a way to get the Mac built-in camera working?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 2:06 PM

Lucar21 wrote:

Another problem. While using Zoom with my MBP (mid-2012) on High Sierra, there was no means to connect with video. I tried FaceTime and only found the message "Camera Unavailable". Following hints available on the internet, I then opened, Preferences, Security & Privacy, and Privacy. The video icon is not shown in the left pane. I tried an external webcam. It worked with no problem. Is there a way to get the Mac built-in camera working?

If the system is not recognizing the built in camera then you have a hardware issue...

>(Option key) System Information> Hardware>Camera

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 2:06 PM in response to Lucar21

Lucar21 wrote:

If the system is not recognizing the built in camera then you have a hardware issue...

>(Option key) System Information> Hardware>Camera

Camera not available in MBP (Mid-2012) on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.