Can I use my email to recover my Apple ID if I do not have access to trusted phone number

Recovering apple is via email

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 7:18 AM

Hi There,

If you forgot your Apple ID Password there are many ways that we can attempt to reset the password depending on the type of security your account has.

If you have Two-Factor Authentication account security (where you receieve a Two-Factor 6 digit code) then you can follow the steps located in this article: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support (CA)

If you have Secondary-Authentication where you have to answer security questions then you will want to go to: https://iforgot.apple.com to reset your Apple ID password. Once you reset your password it is a good idea to upgrade your account security to Two-Factor Authentication to recieve the highest level of security on your account. More information about Two Factor can be located here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support (CA)

Thanks!

Mr-Helper

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 7:18 AM in response to Jparso1212

Hi There,

If you forgot your Apple ID Password there are many ways that we can attempt to reset the password depending on the type of security your account has.

If you have Two-Factor Authentication account security (where you receieve a Two-Factor 6 digit code) then you can follow the steps located in this article: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support (CA)

If you have Secondary-Authentication where you have to answer security questions then you will want to go to: https://iforgot.apple.com to reset your Apple ID password. Once you reset your password it is a good idea to upgrade your account security to Two-Factor Authentication to recieve the highest level of security on your account. More information about Two Factor can be located here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support (CA)

Thanks!

Mr-Helper

Can I use my email to recover my Apple ID if I do not have access to trusted phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.