You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch active minutes instead of calories? Can an adult use the watch with a younger age?

Hi!

i have a history of an eating disorder an Apple Watch but don’t want to see the word calories. There are so many studies about how dangerous that can be for people with a history or tendency towards unhealthy eating, as well as many anecdotes.

Is there any way to do that?

I love the idea of seeing minutes instead of calories. Would I be able to set my watch up for my 30something self as though i am 11 or 12? Would I lose functionality?

And if Apple knows it is an issue for preteens, why wouldn’t they recognize that it can be a problem for older people, too?

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 1:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:04 AM

Is there any way to do that? - Not that I'm aware of.

And changing your age, would turn off other health features you likely use, such as Oxygen and Heart Rate readings, so not recommended.

Why questions can't be answered here. This is a user to user only forum and Apple doesn't actively participate in these user only forums. We have no inner relationship on why or how Apple does anything.

Feel free to share your thought with Apple via this link --> Feedback - Watch - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2023 8:04 AM in response to Monkeyfreedom

Is there any way to do that? - Not that I'm aware of.

And changing your age, would turn off other health features you likely use, such as Oxygen and Heart Rate readings, so not recommended.

Why questions can't be answered here. This is a user to user only forum and Apple doesn't actively participate in these user only forums. We have no inner relationship on why or how Apple does anything.

Feel free to share your thought with Apple via this link --> Feedback - Watch - Apple

Apple Watch active minutes instead of calories? Can an adult use the watch with a younger age?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.