Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Locked out of MacBook Pro in second authentication.

I recently received an M1 Pro MacBook Pro 14" from my company as a replacement to my old work laptop and I changed the password from the default company password, after changing it, I noticed that I couldn't login with the password again. After restarting, I noticed that the login page had the default Light themed background and it accepted the new password that I changed. After doing that, another login page popped up, this time with dark theme (theme that I chose). When I tried entering the exact same password, it refused to sign me in. I don't understand what's going on, the hint that is shown the second one is the same one as I entered too. I found a few articles about FireVault but I do not recollect enabling it either.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 3, 2023 5:10 AM in response to ku4hx

I strongly believe that there aren't any issues with how my account is setup, I still have reached out to my company tech support. I happen to have an issue similar to this thread, that's why I suggested FireVault might be the responsible for this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253478127

Anything that I can do to recover my account or disable FireVault?

Locked out of MacBook Pro in second authentication.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.