If I remove all the apps from the old iPhone, will that remove them from my new iPhone?

As I have renewed my iPhone I have given my old iPhone to my husband. What I want to know is. if I remove all the apps from the old phone, will that remove them from my new phone, please? Allso how does he get his own Apple ID? Thank you. My iPhone is an XR and his a S6

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:21 AM

You can use the following procedure on your old phone and it will not affect anything on your new phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

He can then use the following instructions to setup the phone as if it was new. He can create an Apple ID in step 6 of the procedure: Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 8:21 AM in response to D-J-E

You can use the following procedure on your old phone and it will not affect anything on your new phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

He can then use the following instructions to setup the phone as if it was new. He can create an Apple ID in step 6 of the procedure: Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jun 9, 2023 7:51 AM in response to D-J-E

It's possible to just change the passcode that unlocks the phone, but I would put the phone back to factory condition. That will remove your old apps, emails, etc.

Use the instructions below from my previous reply. Click on the blue letters for detailed instructions..

Jun 9, 2023 7:00 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you Foxfifth for your help. I have managed to change the Apple S6 into my husband’s name and he has an Apple ID but he still has to unlock the screen using my 4 digit number. What have I missed? Do I have to put the old phone back to factory condition to delete all my old apps, emails, etc. ? D-J-E

If I remove all the apps from the old iPhone, will that remove them from my new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.