Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iOS 16.5 Update, Hearing aid connectivity issues

Hello everyone,

I am using Signia Motion C&G P 1X hearing aids. Before the update to iOS 16.5, everything was working fine. After I have updated to 16.5, my hearing aids do not connect properly to my iPhone anymore. After some time, or after using another bluetooth device, the connection is lost. The connection can sometimes be restored by going to the accessibility hearing aid menu, upon entering the menu the connection will be restored. Sometimes (randomly) this does not work, whereas I will wait for some time and then try again. How to fix this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2023 4:46 AM

After getting my new 15 iPhone my hearing aids no longer paired with Easy Line remote. I was hoping the new iOS 17 update would resolve the hearing aid pairing issue with my 15 iPhone. It has not. What can be done to fix this issue?

Similar questions

44 replies

Jun 7, 2023 11:21 AM in response to GregWM

I solved my problems with my Signia hearing aids not staying connected after uploading IOS 16.5. The issue is with the Bluetooth connectivity. To solve any connection issues go to the Settings and turn off Bluetooth AND then go to Privacy and Security (just below) and click on that and disable Bluetooth for your hearing aids. Turn off your phone for a minute. Then re-start your phone and turn back on Bluetooth in the Settings and enable Bluetooth for your hearing aids in the Privacy and Security section. I did this and my hearing aids work perfectly and remain connected (just as before I updated to IOS 16.5).

Jun 24, 2023 12:11 PM in response to Eila_2017

I can try. My problem was completely fixed by doing the following. first, I would recommend that you upgrade to 16.5.1. I think Apple might have fixed the Bluetooth issue it created with 16.5 with the recent release of 16.5.1. So, first upgrade to 16.5.1. Then, #1 turn off your hearing aids and re-charge them. #2 go to Settings on your I-Phone and turn off WiFi and Bluetooth (turn off both). Then go to Privacy and Security and scroll down to the Bluetooth link. Click on that and turn off the access your granted your hearing aids (mine are Signia so I scrolled down to find Signia and turned them off. #3. turn off your phone. #4 put your re-charged hearing aids in your ears and turn on your phone again. #5 reverse all of the things you did to turn off WiFi and the Bluetooth....turn them all back on again. #6 "Pair" your hearing aids again....you do that by clicking on Accessibility in Settings and then scrolling down and clicking on Hearing Devices. It will ask you if you want to "pair" your devices and just click on that.

If you do this your hearing aids should be "paired" with your I-Phone and should work perfectly from that point on. But, please upgrade your I-Phone to 16.5.1 before beginning the whole process. I did as I described above and my hearing aids work perfectly with my I-Phone again. Good luck!!!

Jun 6, 2023 3:28 PM in response to verfelixt

I have the same issue with my Signia Charge and Go hearing aids. They will "connect/pair" for a brief period of time then they will lose connection. I have tried MANY times to turn off my phone and to reconnect and the Bluetooth connection just isn't stable enough to stay connected to my hearing aids. I will note, as have others, all of these issues began with my updating my I-Phone software to 16.5. I sure wish I had not done that!

Jun 7, 2023 2:37 PM in response to Wass99

Sorry to hear that. You might try doing it again. It worked perfectly (after many other things did not) for me. This is what I did specifically: 1) turned off Bluetooth in Settings, 2) turned off Wi-Fi in Settings, 3) scrolled down to Privacy and Security in Settings and clicked on that, 4) clicked on Bluetooth within Privacy and Security and then disabled the app (specific authorization) for my Signia App (hearing aid connectivity). I then turned off my phone completely and recharged my hearing aid batteries. After awhile I turned my phone back on and reconnected to Wi-Fi, enabled Bluetooth both in my Settings and the specific authorization for my hearing aid Bluetooth connection in Privacy and Security. I put my hearing aids in and they have worked flawlessly since then. Try doing this exactly and I hope it works for you.

Sep 27, 2023 4:20 PM in response to verfelixt

I'm using Widex Evoke and had the same issue after the 'upgrade' to 16.5. They just wouldn't connect to Bluetooth via the Accessibility > Hearing Devices page. So then I made the jump to IOS 17.0.1 (and then 17.0.2). Well, they work BUT only for a while. seems that when the screen (or something else) times out, the Bluetooth would disconnect. I had to do 2 things to re-establish a Bluetooth connection:

1. go to the Accessibility > Hearing Devices page, then
  2. reset either hearing aid (open, then close battery door).

The MFI Hearing Devices status quickly changes to CONNECTED..... until the next timeout. then repeat this process. I'm trying the fix recommended by foreigntransactionfees Keeping my fingers (and ears) crossed for full time connectivity again!

Jun 7, 2023 10:52 AM in response to verfelixt

My Costco Kirkland 10 aids work fine with iOS16.5 except for the notification sounds of the Timer (clock) in the Control Center not playing via the aids. They don't play via the aids when selecting a sound or when notifications occur.

All other sounds, including ringing, text notifications,etc. play via the aids.

I experience no Bluetooth connectivity issues.

iOS 16.5 Update, Hearing aid connectivity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.