Stop versions of a document

How can I stop Pages from creating versions of a document. When I save the edited version on Pages, it keeps going back to the original. I was to save my edited versions. This is frustrating....

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 11:57 AM

There is no user interface to stop Pages from creating versions viewable from File menu > Revert To > Browse all versions. There is no configuration that instructs Pages to open a last saved document on its first version, unless it was just saved as a new document.

When I save a Pages document, and reopen it, it does not go back to the first version of the document, it opens on my last changes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 11:57 AM in response to heidi9728

There is no user interface to stop Pages from creating versions viewable from File menu > Revert To > Browse all versions. There is no configuration that instructs Pages to open a last saved document on its first version, unless it was just saved as a new document.

When I save a Pages document, and reopen it, it does not go back to the first version of the document, it opens on my last changes.

Stop versions of a document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.