Can't find a way to use shortcut other than caps lock to switch languages

I have a MacBook Air with Monterey OS. It looks like the only way to switch between languages is to use the Caps Lock. When I had a different OS, I used to be able to use any shortcut I wanted to, but I can't seem to do that with this OS for some reason.

I just hate using the Caps Lock to switch between languages and would like to use command+space instead (or anything other than the caps lock). When I go to Settings --> Keyboard --> keyboard or input sources, there is no "+" button for me to add or change additional shortcuts.

Would appreciate any help! thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 12:49 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2023 4:06 PM in response to ku4hx

The latter. I understand how to use set the Caps Lock to change languages but I'm wondering if there is a way to set a different keyboard shortcut to change languages. With my old computer, I used to be able to use the instructions here Write in another language on your Mac - Apple Support, but for some reason I can't find the Add Button that step 2 is asking for here.

Can't find a way to use shortcut other than caps lock to switch languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.