USB A SuperDrive not working on my MacBook Pro with Ventura

Hi, I am running on latest Ventura version to date 13.4, and my USB A SuperDrive is not appearing.

Also I have a USB A to C adaptor from Apple, but the case is the same. I inserted a movie DVD and I am not being able to eject it.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

regards!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 8:21 AM

Hi, thanks for your answer but it did not work.

I called Apple Support and they made me reset the NVRAM, but pushing command+option+P+R in the restart process for about 20 seconds. Then it worked, the disc appeared on my desktop and I could eject it. After that I tried inserting the DVD again and it presented the same issue. I restarted the computer like 4 times repeating the process and until it finally read the DVD and could eject it again.

This issue is new with the SuperDrive, I don't know if it's a bug issue or not.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Diego

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 8:21 AM in response to dialabrain

Hi, thanks for your answer but it did not work.

I called Apple Support and they made me reset the NVRAM, but pushing command+option+P+R in the restart process for about 20 seconds. Then it worked, the disc appeared on my desktop and I could eject it. After that I tried inserting the DVD again and it presented the same issue. I restarted the computer like 4 times repeating the process and until it finally read the DVD and could eject it again.

This issue is new with the SuperDrive, I don't know if it's a bug issue or not.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Diego

USB A SuperDrive not working on my MacBook Pro with Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.