You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In finder, it says "icloud not syncing" and that "there are pending items to sync".

Can anyone help with iCloud apparently not syncing per the notification cited above?

Much appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 1:34 AM

Hi there!

To begin, restart your Mac and see if iCloud can sync.

If you notice that the issue continues, start up your Mac in safe mode, and see if iCloud resumes syncing.

If safe mode doesn't help, try disabling iCloud Drive, then re-enabling it. To get started, go to the Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Apple ID. Select iCloud. Choose iCloud Drive, and disable it. Then, re-enable it.

If you need more help, let us know!

-Jack

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2023 1:34 AM in response to Stephen Abe

Hi there!

To begin, restart your Mac and see if iCloud can sync.

If you notice that the issue continues, start up your Mac in safe mode, and see if iCloud resumes syncing.

If safe mode doesn't help, try disabling iCloud Drive, then re-enabling it. To get started, go to the Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Apple ID. Select iCloud. Choose iCloud Drive, and disable it. Then, re-enable it.

If you need more help, let us know!

-Jack

Jul 10, 2024 2:22 PM in response to Stephen Abe

I'm having this same problem. I restarted my Mac, then I restarted in safe mode, then I reinstalled the operating system, and none of those things fixed the problem. Then I tried to disable iCloud from System Settings, but it says "iCloud Drive needs to finish updating before being turned off" and I'm scared that all the documents that I just tried to upload will be lost in the process.

This whole problem started when I tried to upload photos. I tried to drag and drop them from a flash drive into the Photos app, and it looked like everything was working fine but nothing was happening and no photos were added. Then I tried to drag and drop them into iCloud.com in Safari and received an error message that said items in folders couldn't be uploaded, even though I was only uploading JPEGs and nothing was in a folder. Then I tried to do the same in Chrome, and some more were added but the remaining items said "the dimensions of the file are invalid." I've spent DAYS trying to upload these photos, and it is absurd that NONE of these solutions are working. Especially because I pulled them from my older Mac and they were loading just fine in iPhoto.

Please send me a solution that will actually work.

In finder, it says "icloud not syncing" and that "there are pending items to sync".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.