Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Wifi Transfer Not Working

Hello. I recently upgraded from an iPhone XR to a 14 Pro. I use a few apps like “Photo Manager” or “Air Transfer” to transfer videos, pictures or PDFs.

When connected to my home wifi, the XR picks up the Wifi address so I can type into my PC browser to connect. On my 14 pro, no address is given. My other file transfer applications aren’t working either.

Any information is deeply appreciated.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 7:28 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jun 4, 2023 7:52 PM in response to Pwnisher6967

Pwnisher6967 Said:

"Wifi Transfer Not Working: Hello there. Thank you for the reply. This isn’t it. I can’t seem to enable this functionality. It works on my XR but not on my 14 pro. thank you."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

A few thoughts to try:

A few thoughts, from what you've already tried...

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch won't Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

III. Force Close All Apps:

An app may not be responding. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down on the Bottom-left cornet. As you swipe to the top-left corner, the apps will pop up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

IV. Disable Cellular:

If Cellular is enabled, then disable it. See if you can then connect.

Jun 4, 2023 11:49 PM in response to Pwnisher6967

Pwnisher6967 Said:

"Wifi Transfer Not Working: [...]In addition to the photo I just posted, I go into another app and try the wifi transfer and it doesn’t work. I would prefer not resetting my iPhone but this is a bit annoying. thank you again :-)"

-------

You are welcome.

I. Grant Access:

See which apps are trying to access your Local Network Connection. Go Here: If an App would Like to Connect to Devices on your Local Network - Apple Support

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Privacy & Security
  3. Tap: Local Network (to see a list of every app that requested access). 

II. For Note:

A. Internet Connectivity:

Seems there is a server connection. So, can you access other sites (i.e. Google.com)? If so, then this pertains only to this app, and not the entire iPhone.

B. Protocol Errors:

Being there are two protocol errors, things will simply just not load. HTTP is the protocol for Web pages to be read and displayed(from the HTML code they are authored with), whereas FTP if for transferring files. With both being inoperable, this app is simply just not going to run. So, grant access to your Local Network Connection.

Jun 5, 2023 7:52 PM in response to Pwnisher6967

Pwnisher6967 Said:

"Wifi Transfer Not Working: Thank you for the feedback. I really hate to bother but it hasn’t worked. I thought it was a router issue and when I switched routers, it also didn’t work. I wonder if it has to do with ios 16. I tried your above suggestions and it didn’t work. It’s frustrating. If there’s any other recommendations you can offer, I’d be very appreciative. Thank you in advance."

-------

One Last Thought:

Contact the Developer, requesting assistance. If from the App Store, you find their Contact Us info on the app

s site of the App Store. For ease of reference, provide them with the link to this thread.

Jun 4, 2023 7:33 PM in response to Pwnisher6967

Pwnisher6967 Said:

"Wifi Transfer Not Working: Hello. I recently upgraded from an iPhone XR to a 14 Pro. I use a few apps like “Photo Manager” or “Air Transfer” to transfer videos, pictures or PDFs. [...]My other file transfer applications aren’t working either. Any information is deeply appreciated."

-------

Transferring Data to a New iPhone:

Use Quick Start to perform the transfer: Use Quick Start to Rransfer Data to a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jun 4, 2023 11:14 PM in response to Pwnisher6967

Pwnisher6967 Said:

"Wifi Transfer Not Working: Thank you so much for the speedy reply. I tried all your suggestions and it still does not work. To help, when I push the above button I posted, I still get the following screenshot. I am using the wifi on the iPhone perfectly okay. Just doesn’t seem to have wifi transfer capability."

-------

You are welcome.

Disconnect from a VPN:

Are you using a VPN? If so, disconnect from it. As the page reads: "Please make sure that the PC and iPhone/ iPad are connected to the same Local WiFi Network."

Jun 4, 2023 11:26 PM in response to TheLittles

I am not using a VPN.

I also switched to another router to see if that was an issue and it appears not. I am able to air drop between devices. So, that doesn’t seem to be the problem either.

In addition to the photo I just posted, I go into another app and try the wifi transfer and it doesn’t work. I would prefer not resetting my iPhone but this is a bit annoying.

thank you again :-)

Jun 5, 2023 12:36 PM in response to TheLittles

Thank you for the feedback. I really hate to bother but it hasn’t worked. I thought it was a router issue and when I switched routers, it also didn’t work.

I wonder if it has to do with ios 16. I tried your above suggestions and it didn’t work. It’s frustrating. If there’s any other recommendations you can offer, I’d be very appreciative. Thank you in advance.

Wifi Transfer Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.