Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save underscan setting

I use a TV for my 2nd monitor with my MacBook Air. I have to apply a little Underscan to see the menu bar at the top of TV. Until recently, that Underscan setting would always be saved when I disconnected my laptop and/or the TV shut off from lack of signal. The only time I had to reset was when I restarted my computer.

Now, the Underscan setting reverts to "Off" every time I disconnect or the TV shuts off. This seems to have started happening after I did the last update. I'm running Ventura 13.4.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 6, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 4:26 PM

I'm here searching for an answer to this as well. I want Apple to release a Sonoma update that saves the underscan setting.

Similar questions

9 replies

Dec 6, 2023 4:12 PM in response to skvinson

I just started using a Macbook Pro M3 a few weeks ago and have the same set up (using flat screen TV for 2nd Monitor) and problem - ie. I have to reset the underscan every time I wake up the laptop. In other words the laptop is in sleep mode and when I wake it up I have to reset the underscan. Very frustrating indeed. It would be great if an Apple tech would weigh in on this problem.

Oct 21, 2023 7:00 AM in response to skvinson

Apple Support had no answer. I am using a brand new (1 week) MacBook Air and an older Toshiba televison attached with an HDMI cable to a HDMI, USB and USB-C adapter. The same setup worked fine on my 1995 MacBook Air. Apple Support told me to try using a HDMI cable directly to the MacBook or get a new monitor. I really don't think the cable suggestion would work and I really don't want to invest any more money.

Any suggestions?

How to save underscan setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.